The First Presbyterian Church of Franklin was established on November 30, 1824, by three men and two women, among whom was George King, founder of Franklin. We were the first church established within the village of Franklin and among the first three churches established in Johnson County.
Our sanctuary building is our third and occupies Lots 1 & 2 in the Original Plat of Franklin. We have worshipped in the log cabin of George King, the upper room of the old log court house, and in an 1834 school house. The first church building, a frame structure, was erected in 1837. The second structure was built in 1851 out of brick. The present building was erected in 1875, using some of the brick from the previous structure.
Presbyterian Church is a memebr of PCUSA., and The Covenant Fellowship